The mission of Saints Cyril and Methodius is to support and conduct education of Bulgarian language, history, culture, folklore, and customs in the Twin Cities area. We do so through Bulgarian language and dance classes for children and adults, partnerships & events with other arts, music and dance organizations.
Our goals include:
- Preserving the knowledge of Bulgarian language, history and traditions among Bulgarian families and especially children
- Strengthening the Bulgarian community in the Twin Cities area through events and collaboration
- Reaching out to non-Bulgarians in the Twin Cities area who have an interest in any aspect of Bulgarian culture (cuisine, history, music, dance, movies, books, etc.)
Since we do not have our own premises to conduct our activities, we have formed and will continue to establish partnership agreements with different public and private entities to help reach our goals. We have interacted with organizations such as the Greek Orthodox Church „St George“, Ethnic Dance Theater, Tapestry Folk Dance Center, Minneapolis Public Library, the Roseville Library, Mounds View Community Center, BlackBear Crossings, and the Minneapolis Film Association.
Current Classes and Activities
Bulgarian language and history classes for children aged 3 to 18 years on Sunday afternoon. Classes are taught by native Bulgarian speakers and are based on methods and materials supported by the Bulgarian Ministry of Education.
Dance With Us
Bulgarian Folklore Dance Classes
– Dance classes for children (3-12) and adults with participation at various venues, including the annual Festival of Nations in St Paul.
– Spring and Fall picnics for fundraising, music entertainment and school ceremonies.
– Christmas party for student performances, folk music and dance, and celebration of Bulgarian traditions.
Sundays – 2:30pm – 3:00pm
St George Greek Orthodox Church
Fee: $60.00 (FREE for kids enrolled for Bulgarian language class)
Register for Classes
- Open the PDF file from the button below
- Fill up the information
- Save it in your local computer…
- and send it to email@example.com